What To Expect During The Probate Process In Minnesota
It is common for many personal representatives to have no experience handling the probating of an estate. They also may know little of the probate process in court. I am Jeffrey J. Storey, and at my firm, Storey Law Office, I will provide you with the help and guidance you need to successfully complete the probate process. Some of the ways in which I can assist include:
- Going to the Minnesota probate court to see that the will is properly filed
- Creating a strategy designed to move the probate process forward in the most efficient and logical manner
- Locating and gathering assets for the estate
- Handling any bank account issues, including opening and closing accounts
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Overseeing the transfer of assets to the estate from the decedent
- Ensuring any estate taxes are paid
- Seeing that the estate is properly valued and preserved, as well as managed and liquidated when appropriate
- Discovering and contacting any beneficiaries
- Enlisting the help of experts when necessary
Though the probating of an estate may appear straightforward, that may be deceiving. In many cases, beneficiaries may have unreasonable expectations or personal or family disagreements with each other or the estate.
This is where I can help. I bring the professional perspective of an experienced attorney to these situations and can help to defuse these disputes and resolve matters effectively. I can help explain the cost of litigation and why it may not be in anyone’s’ interest to engage in protracted litigation with the estate.
I have found that this approach can help minimize additional emotions in a situation, such as a will challenge, that may already be contentious and stressful. When it suits my clients’ interests and needs, I work to bring families together and mediate the relationships that may otherwise be damaged by arguments over an estate. However, I also am a skilled litigator who will protect my client’s interests during any litigation.
Contact Me For Help
Call Storey Law Office at 763-575-7066 to schedule your free initial consultation or contact me online. My law firm is based in Coon Rapids, serving communities in Anoka County. I can guide you through the entire probate process – including cases that involve complicated disputes or assets.