What To Expect During The Probate Process In Minnesota
Most personal representatives have rarely if ever probated a will and know little about the process. I can guide you through the complex probate process, including:
- Filing the will with the Minnesota probate court
- Developing the best strategy for fairly and expeditiously probating the estate
- Finding and collecting assets
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Paying estate taxes
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring experts, when appropriate
Probate Disputes Warrant An Attorney’s Help
Even in apparently straightforward estate cases, there are sometimes disputes between beneficiaries. My professional presence can calm the emotionally charged process of probating a challenged will or disputed executor or judicial decision. When it is in the best interests of my clients to preserve cordial familial relationships, I am adept at mediating these disputes. When necessary, I assertively defend my client’s beneficiary rights within the Minnesota probate court.
Contact A Thorough Estate Planning Lawyer
Call Storey Law Office at 763-575-7066 to schedule your free initial consultation, or contact me online. My law firm is based in Coon Rapids, serving communities in Anoka County. I can guide you through the entire probate process — including cases that involve complicated disputes or assets.